Tubebuddy

Use Free Competitor Keyword Research Tool For Next Post


When it comes to finalizing the keyword we need to target in the next article, we always get confused with doubts. In my opinion, writing an article by keeping a keyword in mind will always help in getting more search engine traffic and Google Adsense earnings. In this post let me show a simple and free competitor keyword research tool to find the competition on a keyword for your next post.

Once you select a topic, next thing is to find a relevant keyword which should bring good search engine traffic (so it must have less competition in Google search result) and higher Adsense earning (so it must have higher Adsense CPC).

By following below method you can guess the competition of particular keyword in Google search result page for free, that will help in eliminating high competitive keywords. Nothing is 100% guaranteed in blogging, but this method will give an idea of a keyword.

Currently, I’m using three paid software to find keyword competition, LongTailPro, SEMrush and Micro Niche Finder. But still, after doing a competition test on these three paid software, I do follow this free method to make sure that the results are perfect and paid software is working accurately. Most of the time paid software results to match with this free method, so I can safely say this method will work for you too.

Steps to Use Free Competitor Keyword Research Tool

It’s just by a browser add-on for Firefox, Chrome and other browsers.

Step 1. Go to SEOquake website and download the browser add-on for your internet browser.


Step 2: Enable it from browser settings,


Step 3: Now go to Google and type the keyword you want to check the competition. In this example, I type ‘Windows 8 download’ to see the competition.

Step 4: Let’s look at the first 5 URLs in the result page.


I can straightaway say that this keyword is difficult to target, you know why?
  1. First 3 URLs are having higher PR
  2. Most of them are aged domains (except the last one which is 2005)
  3. Alexa rank of these sites much higher than your or my blogs
  4. If you see the number of Indexed links in Google and Bing, it’s very high compared to our blogs.
Here is my another attempt for a different keyword, this time I tried ‘windows 8.1 crack download’ and the result is,

I think I can give a try for this keyword, which is not tough like earlier one, here are the reasons for it.

  1. Even though the first two results are from Facebook (which is having more indexed links and good Alexa rank), I guess those are some Facebook pages which do not have any PR.
  2. All results do not have any PR
  3. Last three URL websites are mostly started in 2013 only,
  4. Number of indexed links by Google and Bing do not look that much higher compared to previous result (except Facebook)
  5. As the last test, I will visit these sites and see how they have written articles, covered on-page SEO and how strong they are in social media networking.
As I said earlier, nothing is guaranteed in blogging. I do not say if you write a post about ‘windows 8.1 crack download’ today, your link will appear in Google’s first 5 results by tomorrow. But my point is, ‘windows 8.1 crack download’ keyword is having less competition than ‘Windows 8 download’ keyword.

This free method on how to find the competition on a keyword will help you to eliminate high competitive keywords where you do not need to spend your time to write and promote them.

I hope this guide would be helpful in some way to finalize your keyword for your next article using Free Competitor Keyword Research Tool. As usual I expect your comments and question about this method.
Powered by Blogger.